Open Bank Account on App at Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched an App ‘Kotak Now’ through which saving account can be opened digitally without visiting branch and without submitting any physical papers to the bank.
Click and upload pictures of the key documents required and have a video call with the bank representative to verify details and a zero balance Jifi Account is opened instantly.
Use of digital means for banking is increasing and about 50% transactions are being done through internet banking and mobile banking. But this first time an Indian bank has launched a platform by which bank account can be opened through mobile without a need to visit branch and submit physical papers.
Account can be opened through Kotak Now app after downloading and installing of the app with follwoing steps:
- Enter mobile number, Enter OTP received on mobile
- Click a picture of your PAN card as identity proof, Aadhaar card or your Passport for address proof
- Enter your Aadhaar number and your Aadhaar-registered mobile number. Enter the OTP you receive in the app to verify yourself by Aadhaar
- Enter a few details about yourself – occupation, income, marital status, mother’s maiden name and email etc.
- Click a picture of your signature on a white piece of paper
- Select your nearest Kotak Mahindra bank branch
- Bank will issue Customer Relationship Number and Account No.
- Video Call the bank from the app itself, show us your documents in front of your phone camera, and the bank representative will activate your account.
Features of this account are –
- Zero balance account
- Free IMPS, NEFT, RTGS
- Social Banking through Twitter & Facebook
- Platinum Debit Card