Bank Strike on 22nd August 2017 Confirmed – Conciliation Meeting failed
As already decided UFBU and Bank Unions to go ahead with the All India Bank Strike on 22nd August 2017 as the conciliation meeting before Chief Labour Commissioner failed.
UFBU informed that a conciliation meeting between IBA and UFBU was held on 19th August before the Chief Labour Commissioner in New Delhi wherein UFBU explained all the issues and demands and urged upon his intervention to prevail upon the IBA and Government to come forward and resolve the issues. The representatives of Finance Ministry and IBA were present but could not make any commitment on any of the issues raised.
The meeting failed to yield any positive result and hence UFBU has decided to go ahead with the strike action on 22 nd August, 2017 as already decided.
UFBU has urged all unions and members to implement the strike enthusiastically and ensure that the strike becomes a total success.
Following are the issues and demands for which All India Bank Strike is called on 22.08.2017 :
1 . Do not privatise Public Sector Banks
2. Stop plans of mergers and consolidation of Banks
3. Do not write off corporate Non-Performing Assets(NPAs)
4. Declare wilful Default of Bank loans as criminal offence
5. Implement recommendations of Parliamentary Committee on recovery of NPAs
6. Ensure accountability of Top Management/Executives for bad loans and put in place stringent measures to recover bad loans.
7. Withdraw proposed FRDI Bill
8. Abolish Banks Board Bureau
9. Do not pass on the burden of corporate NPAs on bank customers by hiking charges
10. Do not increase Service Charges in the name of GST
11. Reimbursement of cost of demonetization and other Government Schemes to Banks by the Government.
12. Settle issues of Employees and Officers connected with demonetisation scheme.
13. Immediately fill up posts of Employee/Officer Director(s) in Bank(s)
14. Implement Compassionate Appointment Schemes in Banks as per Government guidelines.
15. Removal of Gratuity Ceiling under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 & Total Exemption of Income Tax on Gratuity and Leave Encashment on retirement
16. Pension related issues Improvements in Pension Scheme similar to RBI/Central Government including for past retirees – Extension of erstwhile Pension Scheme in banks in lieu of NPS – Follow-up of Record Note dated 25.05.2015
17. Adequate Recruitment in all cadres