Bank Strike on 21 December and 26 December 2018
Two days’ bank strike on 21st December and 26th December has been announced by Bank Unions.
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS’ CONFEDERATION (AIBOC) has announced strike of bankers on 21st December on the issue of wage revision in 11th bipartite settlement. The demands include salary revision as per charter of demand, 5 days week banking, Full mandate for officers upto Scale VII, stop selling third party products and scrapping of NPS.
United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) has called for a bank strike on 26th December 2018 to oppose the Government’s decision of amalgamation of Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank.
AIBOC has given strike notice for 21st December with following issues:
- Full and Complete Mandate for officers (Scale I to VII) wage revision in 11th Bi-partitesettlement
- Salary revision as per charter of demands only
- To ensure proper work-life balance of the bank officers and immediate introduction of 5 day week
- Settlement of retirees issues including family pension/ updating of pension
- Focus on Core Business and NPA Recovery – Stop Mis-selling of Third Party Products
- Scrapping of NPS and switching over to Defined Pension Payment Scheme as existing
- Immediate resolution of HR issues in Catholic Syrian Bank and IDBI Bank
- Parity in Pension and other benefits of RRBs with Public Sector Banks
- Fractured Mandate
- The proposed amalgamation of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
- The Government move to merge/ amalgamate existing Regional Rural Banks
- Unabated attack on Bankers in various parts of the country while discharging official duties
- Unilateral reduction of medical benefits of officers
- Steep increase in Medical Insurance Premium of Retirees