RBI Circular for Mandatory Leave for Bank Employees
RBI on 09.07.2021 has issued circular for Mandatory Leave for Employees Posted in
Sensitive Positions or Areas of Operation in Banks.
RBI has advised All Commercial Banks (including Small Finance Banks, Local Area Banks and Regional Rural Banks)
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks/State Co-operative Banks/ District Central Co-operative Banks following:
- The banks needs to put in place a ‘mandatory leave’ policy
- The employees posted in sensitive positions or areas of operation shall be compulsorily sent on leave for a few days (not less than 10 working days) in a single spell every year, without giving any prior intimation to these employees, thereby maintaining an element of surprise.
- Banks shall ensure that the employees, while on ‘mandatory leave’, do not have access to any physical or virtual resources related to their work responsibilities, with the exception of internal/ corporate email which is usually available to all employees for general purposes.
- Banks shall, as per a Board-approved policy, prepare a list of sensitive positions to be covered under ‘mandatory leave’ requirements and the list shall be reviewed periodically. Implementation of this policy shall be reviewed under the supervisory process.
- The revised instructions are applicable to all the banks and they shall comply with these instructions within six months from the date of issue of the above circular.