Urjit Patel, the present Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India has been announced as successor of Raghuram Rajan. Urjit Patel will take charge on September 4 after Raghuram Rajan demits office.
The appointments committee of the cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Dr Urjit R Patel as Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of three years w.e.f. from 04.9.2016.
About Dr. Urjit Patel
- 52 year old Urjit Patel is presently serving as Deputy Governor of RBI
- Doctorate in Economics from Yale University in 1990
- M.Phil from Oxford in 1986
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the London School of Economics
- Worked with International Monetary Fund between 1990 to 1995
- Consultant to the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs from 1998 to 2001
- Worked with several High Level Committees including Task Force on Direct Taxes, Prime Minister’s Task Force on Infrastructure.
- Known as inflation worrier of Raghuram Rajan
- Was head of panel for recommending changes in monetary policy
Subscribe ToLatest Banking News
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.